Authors should submit their papers through the joint event Easychair account, in which they should specify whether they want their papers to appear in the BELIEF 2018 or SMPS 2018 conference.
Papers should follow the Springer LNCS/LNAI series template, and can be of two kinds:
Long papers no longer than 8 pages, references included, that should present original contributions with significant results
Short papers of 4 pages, references included, that should present preliminary works, innovative applications, …
In addition, we also Abstract-only contributions, that will be presented in the form of posters. Note that these latter contributions will not be included in the abstracts.
- Paper Abstract submission deadline:
- Full paper submission deadline:
15 March6 April (Final)
- Author notification:
30 April14 May
- Camera-ready copy due: 30 May
- Abstract-only submission deadline: 30 May
- Conference: 17-21 September
The proceedings of the BELIEF 2018 and SMPS 2018 conferences will appear as separate volumes, both published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS/LNAI format, indexed by the following services:
- ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S), included in ISI Web of Science
- EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases)
- ACM Digital Library
- Google Scholar
- Zentralblatt MATH
IJAR Special issues
Authors of selected papers from the BELIEF 2018/ SMPS 2018 conferences will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for possible inclusion in special issues of the International Journal of Approximate Reasoning.