The BELIEF and SMPS conferences are biennial events concerning the modeling of uncertainty. The BELIEF conferences are sponsored by the Belief Functions and Applications Society (BFAS) and are focused on the theory of belief functions, while the scope of SMPS covers the application of all approaches to uncertainty (including fuzzy and rough sets, imprecise probabilities, etc.) to statistics and data analysis. The co-location of the two events is intended to favor cross-fertilization among researchers active in both communities.
- 1st July: preliminary detailed program available
- 14 June: program page up with a drafty schedule
- 8 March: registration page is open here
- 13 February: BFAS student grants covering fees
- 30 January: Elsevier grant ensured for young researcher awards
- 23 October: happy to announce our invited speakers
- 22 August: website is up and running
March 8ASAP: Paper abstract submission deadline March 15April 6: Paper submission deadline April 30May 21: Author notification
- June 8: Camera-ready copy due
- June 8: Asbtract-only submission deadline
- September 17-21: Conference
The proceedings of the BELIEF 2018 and SMPS 2018 conferences will appear as separate volumes, both published by Springer-Verlag.
We are grateful to Elsevier Best paper awards (both for SMPS and BELIEF) are sponsored by Elsevier.
Authors of selected papers from the BELIEF 2018/ SMPS 2018 conferences will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for possible inclusion in special issues of the International Journal of Approximate Reasoning.
We are very proud to announce the following plenary speakers for SMPS 2018/BELIEF 2018 joint conference:
- Thomas Augustin (Ludwig Maximilians Universität München)
- Scott Ferson (University of Liverpool)
- Ryan Martin (North Carolina State University)
More information soon about our honoured guests and their talks